Find the Best-Paying and Most-Fulfilling Jobs in Professional Piloting!
A valuable employment tool, the Professional Pilot Career Guide provides a complete sourcebook of professional flying opportunities. This updated guide contains detailed coverage of pilot ratings and practical test standards-plus goal-achieving tips on job hunting, networking, regional airlines, the majors, and more.
Written by career pilot and aviation-industry expert Robert P. Mark, this vital reference offers a real-world look at what it's like to fly for the airlines, corporations, or charter companies, together with guidance on pay, benefits, types of aircraft, and future prospects.
Packed with illustrations, Professional Pilot Career Guide features:
- Full coverage of aviation training-where to get it and how to finance it
- The latest airline, corporate, and charter employment opportunities
- 200 common interview questions-and the 10 most frequent interview mistakes
- Current information on the best-paying flying jobs
- Valuable advice on PC-based job search techniques
- In-depth pilot interviews
- Essential internet resources
Table of contents:
- Chapter 1. Your Career Starts Here
- Chapter 2. Flight Training
- Chapter 3. Winning the Ratings: The Real Work Begins
- Chapter 4. The Job Hunt Begins
- Chapter 5. The Regional Airlines
- Chapter 6. The Majors
- Chapter 7. There's More to Flying Than Simply the Airlines
- Chapter 8. The Pilot and the Internet
- Chapter 9: Pilot Reports
- Appendix A: AOPA Flight Training 2007 College Directory
- Appendix B: 200 of the Best Interview Questions for Any Flying Job
- Appendix C: Virtual Airline Resource Guide
- Appendix D: Small Cargo Pilot Pay Rates
- Appendix E: Pilot-in-Command/Second in Command Defined
Second Edition, Softcover, 455 pages.