Designed specifically for aerospace!
The Dupont Sontara line is now owned and produced by Jacob Holm.
When it comes to the aerospace industries, Sontara products are made for the perfectionist.
DuPont Sontara AC aircraft wipes are the smart choice for both aircraft manufacturing and maintenance. Packaged 100 per pop-up box, these 9" x 16.5" (23 cm x 42 cm) wipes are engineered for critical cleaning.
- Manufactured in an ultra-clean spunlacing process
- Rigorous production controls ensure product quality and uniformity
- Engineered to resist snagging
- Spunlacing process eliminates need for binders and glues
- Exceptionally clean-contains no chemical residue, stains or metal shavings
- Superior wipe-dry performance
- Low-linting; less likely to snag on metal parts and corners
- Tackles isopropyl alcohol, MEK and other tough solvents without falling apart
Meets Aerospace Requirements:
- Aerospace Material Specification AMS 3819B, Class 2, Grade A
- Boeing Material Specification BMS 15-5F, Class A
- Bombardier Aerospace
- Cessna Aircraft Company CSFS039
- Douglas Material Specification DMS 1820E
- Pratt & Whitney GA 100-11E
- US Air Force T.O. 1-1-8
Sontara® Aerospace Grade Wipes meet the tough specifications required for this industry. Our Sontara® Window Wipes and Sontara® Aerospace Grade Wipes are exceptionally clean, leaving no binders or rag marks that can streak windshields and scratch surfaces, leading to costly re-working. Sontara® wipes are specially engineered for aviation manufacturing and maintenance. For cleaning applications where Aerospace Grade Wipes and Window Wipes are not needed, Sontara® EC Wipes can handle the job.
Sontara® products are made using proprietary technology for high demanding applications. High-speed water jets are used to hydraulically entangle polyester and pulp to form a strong absorbent web. Unlike many nonwoven fabrics, Sontara® uses no binders, chemicals or adhesives. It has exceptional mechanical strength, excellent absorbency, and because the fibers are washed during fabric formation, it exhibits very low lint. These unique features make Sontara® ideal for the cleaning requirements of the quality-conscious user.